Affects of COVID-19 on children, Preventive Measures
Affects of COVID-19 on children has turned children’s lives from upside to downside.Between remote schooling and playdates being cancelled, children’s routine are not anything but just routine.Kids also have questions about coronavirus and get benefitted from age appropriate answers that don’t fuel the flame of anxiety. It also help to discuss and role model things they can control,like hand washing, physical distancing and other health promoting behaviours.
Danger for kids due to COVID-19 infection
Children, including very young children, can develop COVID-19. Many of them have no symptoms but psychological affects of COVID-19 on children one more higher.. Those children that do get sick tend to experience milder symptoms such as
• low grade fever
Some children have had severe complications, but this has been less common. Children with underlying health conditions may be at increased risk for severe illness.
A potentially severe and dangerous complication can occur in children, called Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in Children ( MIS-C) ; it can lead to life threatening problems with the heart and other organs in the body. In this condition different body parts, such as the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes or gastrointestinal organs can become inflamed.
Symptoms of MIS-C can include –
• fever lasting more than a couple of days
• “bloodshot eyes” ( Redness of the white part of the eye)
• a large, swollen lymph node in the neck
• neck pain
• a tongue that is redder than usual and looks like strawberry
• swollen hand and/or feet
• vomitting and/or diarrhoea
• red cracked lips
• irritability and/or unusual sleepiness or weakness
Many conditions can cause symptoms similar to those MIS-C. Results of the physical examination, a COVID-19 diagnostic or blood antibody test and other medical tests that check for inflammation and how organs are functioning can support the diagnosis of MIS-C.
What kids should learn for their safety from COVID-19 infection –
To protect our kids from this COVID-19 infection we should motivate our kids for following things to make a habit –
• Washing hands properly and very often
• Avoid large crowds and busy places
• Wear a mask in public and when sick
• Avoid public indoor spaces, especially restaurants, cybercafe, gaming academy
• Stay atleast 6 feet away from people you don’t live with.
• Vaccination of kids for diseases like flu ,measles should be done on time
• Doing yoga and meditation practice as habit of daily routine
Ayurvedic Herbs to increase immunity of kids-
• Giloy –
• Haridra –
• Mulethi –
Ayurvedic Medications to raise kids immunity –
• Abhrak Bhasm
• Swarna vasant Malti Ras
• Sanshamni Vati
• Sitopladi Churna
• Anu Taila