A man is considered to have erectile dysfunction if he regularly finds it difficult getting or keeping a firm enough erection to be able to have sex, or if it interferes with other sexual activity.
Most men have occasionally experienced some difficulty with their penis becoming hard or staying firm.However, erectile dysfunction (ED) is only considered a concern if satisfactory sexual performance has been impossible on a number of occasions for some time.
Occasional ED is not uncommon. Many men experience it during times of stress. Frequent ED, however, can be a sign of health problems that need treatment. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship difficulties that may need to be addressed by a professional.
Men who have a problem with their sexual performance may be reluctant to talk with their doctor, seeing it can be an embarassing issue.
ED symptoms might include persistent-
• Trouble getting an erection
• Trouble keeping an erection
• Reduced sexual desire
ED can occur because of problems at any stage of the erection process. An erection is the result of increased blood flow into the penis.Blood flow is usually stimulated by either sexual thoughts or direct contact with the penis.
When a man is sexually excited, muscles in the penis relax.This allows for increased blood flow through the penile arteries, filling two chambers inside the penis. As the chambers fill with blood, the penis grows rigid.
An erection ends when the muscles contract and the accumulated blood can flow out through the penile veins.
There are many possible causes of ED, and they can include both emotional and physical conditions. Common causes include –
• Fear of intimacy
• Relationship problems
• Sleep disorders
• Low testosterone levels or other hormone imbalances
• Cardiovascular disease
• Increased age
• Kidney disease
• Consuming too much alcohol or using tobacco products
• Certain health conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis (MS) or Peyronie’s disease, which causes scar tissue to develop in the penis
• Damage to the pelvic area through injury or surgery
As you get older, erections might take longer to develop and might not be as firm.
Various risk factors can contribute to erectile dysfunction, including –
• Medical conditions like diabetes, heart problems
• Tobacco use which restricts blood flow to veins and arteries
• Being overweight
• Certain medical treatments like prostrate surgery or radiation treatment for cancer
• Injuries, particularly if they damage the nerves or arteries that control erections
• Medications, including antidepressants, antihistamines and high BP or pain meditations
• Psychological conditions, such as stress, anxiety or depression
• Drug and alcohol use, especially if you are a long term drug user or heavy drinker
• An unsatisfactory sex life
• The inability to get your partner pregnant
• Relationship problems
• Embarrassment or low self-esteem
• Stress or anxiety
For many people, a physical exam and answering questions are all that’s needed for a doctor to diagnose ED. If you have chronic health conditions or your doctor suspects that an underlying condition might be involved, you might need further test like-
• Blood tests
• Urine tests
• Psychological exam
The first thing your doctor will do is to make sure you’re getting the right treatment for ED.
Dependending on the cause and severity of your erectile dysfunction and any underlying health conditions, you might have various treatment options.
• Oral medications –
° Sildenafil (Viagra)
° Tadalafil ( Cialis)
° Vardenafil (Levitra)
° Avanafil (Stendra)
• Other medications-
° Alprostadil self-injection
° Alprostadil urethral suppository
° Testosterone replacement therapy
• Other treatments –
° Penile Pumps
° Penile implants
° Psychological counseling
Erectile dysfunction is termed as Klabyathva in Ayurveda. Apana Vayu got vitiated in ED and its treatment is called Vajikaran therapy. This therapy revitalize all the seven dhatus, therefore restores equilibrium and health.
• Ashwagandha –
• Musli –
• Kaunch beej –
• Shatavari –
Effective Medications –
• Chandraprabha Vati
• Shilajit Rasayan Vati
• Trivanga Bhasm
For more infromation on health issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com
It’s fantastic that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our dialogue made at this time.
Feel free to surf to my web blog Carmine