Ajmodadi Churna is a classical poly herbal formulation useful for joint related disorders. it is also an effective medicine for neuromuscular disorders.
1) Ajmoda – Trachyspermum roxburghianum: 10gram
2) Vayvidang – Embelia ribes: 10 gram
3) Saindhav Namak – Rock salt:10 gram
4) Devdaru – Cedrus deodara:10 gram
5) Chitrakmula – Plumbago zeylanica: 10 gram
6) Pipplimula – Long pepper root: 10 gram
7) Saunf- Anethum graveolens:10 gram
8) Peepal – long pepper: 10 gram
9) Kali Mirch – Black pepper:10 gram
10) Haritaki – Terminalia chebula: gram .
11) Vrihadhadaru – Argyreia speciosa: 100 gram
12) Saunth – Zingiber officinale(Ginger):100 gram
Effect on Doshas –
Ajmodadi Churna pacifies Vata Dosha and reduces Kapha Dosha.It the patient has aggravated Pitta dosha, it might not be a suitable medicine as it can cause heartburn, acid reflux, vertigo like symptom that time therefore it should be given along with medicine such as Avipattikar churna acting on increased pitta.
Ajmodadi Churna reduces inflammation of joints, helps alleviate toxins (AMA) in the body and thereby providing relief from joint stiffness, inflammation, pain associated with Rheumatism and the sciatic nerve.
It also induces digestion and expulsion of toxins. Therefore, it is also known as one of the best Amapachak medicine in Ayurveda. It increases appetite, improves digestion and reduces gas formation in the abdomen.
1-4 gram twice a day with lukewarm water after meal in adults.
500 mg to 1gm twice daily with luke warm water twice daily after weal in Children.
• It is specially indicated in chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis.
• It is also effective in sciatica pain.
• It works well in different types of Vata vikara which causes pain in different areas of body such as Osteoarthritis, backache, gouty arthritis, rectal pain, brachial neuritis,
• It works on digestive system such as loss of appetite, poor digestive function, intestinal gas and abdominal pain.
Ajmodadi Churna is best avoided during pregnancy, clue to strong herbs.
It can be used during lactation period, for a limited period of time .
In children, it can be used in a very small dose, for a small period of time.
For more informative articles on health issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.
You can also follow us on