Rasraj Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients manufactured in tablet form which keeps the Vata dosha balanced and works effectively in treatmentof neuro-muscular disorders. It is primarily used for the treatment of paralysis. Rasraj Ras is an excellent nerve and cardiac tonic.
• Parada – Purified and processed Mercury – 40 grams
• Abhrakasatva – Purified and processed Silica – 10 grams
• Swarna Bhasma – Gold Bhasma – 5 grams
• Loha Bhasma – Iron Bhasma – 5 grams
• Rajata Bhasma – Silver Bhasma – 5 grams
• Vanga Bhasma – Tin Bhasma – 5 grams
The fine powder of above ingredients is ground well with Aloe vera juice. Then the following herbal ingredeints are added in fine powder form.
• Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
• Lavanga – Clove – Syzygium aromaticum
• Jatikosha – Nutmeg – Myristica fragrans
• Ksheerakakoli – Fritilerria roylei
The whole mixture is triturated with
• Kakamachirasa – Juice extract of Solanum nigrum and tablets are made.
Effects on Doshas –
Rasraj ras mainly balance vitiated Vata dosha thus can manage almost all the Vata diseases.
125mg – 250mg or 1-2 tablets once or twice a day with milk after meal or as directed by Ayurvedic physician.
The dosage may differ from one person to another depending on various physiological factors like age, gender and underlying health conditions if any.
• It is used in the treatment of paralysis, hemiplegia, and facial palsy.
• It works very well in hearing defects, dizziness, and such other diseases caused due to Vata imbalance.
• It helps to strengthen nerves and muscles.
• Rasraj ras also helps in treatment of cerebral disorders such as seizures and heart diseases.
• Rasraj ras is good Aphrodisiac also.
• It is effective in treating psychological disorders such as schizophrenia, mania, and depression.
• It is also useful in the management of rheumatoid arthritis by preventing its progression.
• Rasraj ras works efficiently in tetanus(locked jaw) and back stiffness also.
• Rasraj ras helps to restore functions of blood vessels and nerves in stroke patients.
Rasraj ras is to be avoided in children, pregnant ladies, lactatingmothers and women whoare planning to conceive.
Overdosage may cause side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic formulations and other health related articles, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.