Hingwashtak Churna is very useful herbal powder mix used in the treatment of especially Indigestion in Ayurveda practice. Hingwashtak Churna mainly contains very safe and easily available herbal spices.
1) Hingu roasted in ghee – Asafoetida
2) Saunth- Ginger
3) Kali Mirch – Black pepper
4) Peepal- long pepper
5) Ajwain – carrom seeds
6) Saindhav Namak
7)Shweta Jeera – White Cumin
8) Kala Jeera – Black Cumin
All above to be taken in equal quantities.
Effects on Doshas –
Hingwashtak Churna balances Vata and Kapha dosha and increases Pitta dosha.
2.5-5 gram mixed with ghee and take with the first bolus of food, two times a day.
This is the usual dosage recommended in most common treatment cases. Please remember that every patient and their case is different, so the dosage can be different based on the disease, patienthage and medical history.
• It is best known medicine for pain abdomen.
• It improves digestion power.
• It is used in the treatment of anorexia.
• It also works on constipation.
• It is also used in the treatment of Vata imbalance and Vata related diseases like bloating, joint disease etc.
• It is a good diet supplement in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
• It increases digestion in stomach and intestine both by secreting more digestive enzymes.
• It is effective in diarrhoea also.
It should not be given in Pittaja diseases and to Pitta Prakriti people.
In some patients, Hingwashtak Churna may cause stomach irritation. Since it contains salt, people with high Blood Pressure and kidney related diseases should take care.
It can be given during lactation period of mother.
It can be given to children in very low doses.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic medicines and on other health issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.
You can also follow us on