Lavan Bhaskar Churna
Lavan Bhaskar Churna is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine for gastritis. Lavan means salt. Sochal salt and Sea salts are the main ingredients of Lavan Bhaskar Churna. It is a traditional Ayurvedic product, having reference in many famous Ayurvedic text books.
1) Samudra Lavana – Sea salt: 96 gram
2) Souvarchala Lavana – Social salt: 60 gram
3) Vid Lavana – Black salt: 24 gram
4) Saindhava Lavana – Black salt: 24 gram
5) Dhanyaka – Coriander: 24 gram
6) Peepal – Piper longum: 24 gram
7) Peepalmula – Piper longer root: 24 gram
8) Kala Jeera – Black cumin: 24 gram
9) Tejpatra – Cinnamomum tamale leaves: 24 gram
10) Nagkesara – Mesua ferrea: 24 gram
11) Talishpatra – Abies webbiana: 24 gram
12 ) Amlavetas – Solena amplexicaulis: 24 gram
13) Kali Mirch – Black pepper: 24 gram
14) Jeera – White Cumin:12 gram
15) Saunth – Ginger: 12 gram
16) Dadima – Pomegranate: 48 gram
17) Elaichi – Cardamom: 6 gram
18) Dalcheeni – Cinnamon: 6 gram
Effect on doshas –
Lavan Bhaskar Churna balances Vata and Kapha at the level of stomach and intestines.
2-4 gram with buttermilk or water twice a day before or after food.
• It is very effective in constipation with flatulence.
• When indigestion with consistent burping occurs after having food ,it works very well.
• In Piles and Irritable bowel Syndrome it is given to aggravate digestive fire.
• It is beneficial for spleen disorders.
• It is effective also in respiratory problems like cough, cold etc.
It should not be given to the patients who have hyperacidity, stomach irritation and ulcers problem in mouth or in the intestine as this churna contains higher dose of salts.
Since it contains salts, people
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic medicines and on other health issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.
You can also follow us on