Godanti Bhasma is a classical Ayurvedic medicine that has been used for centuries in traditional Indian medicine. It is primarily derived from gypsum, a naturally occurring mineral known for its medicinal properties. Godanti Bhasma is highly regarded in Ayurveda for its therapeutic benefits and is commonly used to treat various health conditions.
The primary ingredient of Godanti Bhasma is gypsum, which is purified and processed to create a fine powder. Other ingredients may include herbs or minerals, depending on the specific formulation used by Ayurvedic practitioners. The purity and quality of gypsum are crucial in creating an effective and safe Bhasma.
• Purification: Gypsum is first purified by removing impurities and foreign substances. This step ensures the base material is of the highest quality.
• Calcination: The purified gypsum is subjected to a series of controlled heating and cooling processes, converting it into a powder. This process is known as calcination and is repeated multiple times to enhance its therapeutic properties.
• Herbal Addition: In some formulations, specific herbs or minerals are added to enhance the therapeutic effects. These herbs are finely ground and mixed with the calcined gypsum.
• Repeated Trituration: The mixture is further triturated with herbal juices or decoctions, resulting in a fine, homogenous powder.
• Drying and Sieving: The final product is dried and sieved to obtain a consistent particle size.
The dosage of Godanti Bhasma can vary depending on the individual’s age, the specific ailment being treated, and the practitioner’s recommendations. However, a general guideline for its use is as follows:
• For adults: 125 mg to 250 mg, usually taken once or twice a day.
• For children: The dosage should be significantly lower and should be administered under the guidance of an Ayurvedic practitioner.
It is traditionally taken with honey, ghee, or milk for better absorption.
• Fever Management: Godanti Bhasma is well-known for its antipyretic properties, making it effective in managing various types of fevers, including viral and bacterial infections.
• Headache Relief: It is often used to alleviate headaches, especially those associated with sinusitis and migraines.
• Bone Health: This Bhasma is believed to strengthen bones and promote bone healing. It is sometimes prescribed for fractures and bone-related ailments.
• Respiratory Disorders: It can help manage respiratory issues like asthma and chronic cough by reducing inflammation and improving lung function.
• Digestive Disorders: Some practitioners use it to treat digestive problems like acidity and indigestion.
• Menstrual Disorders: Godanti Bhasma may be recommended for women to alleviate menstrual disorders and discomfort.
• Consult an Ayurvedic Practitioner: Always consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using Godanti Bhasma or any other Ayurvedic medicine.
• Dosage: Ensure you follow the recommended dosage and do not self-prescribe, especially for children or during pregnancy.
• Quality Matters: Choose a reputable source for purchasing Godanti Bhasma to ensure its purity and quality.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic Medicines & other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.