Mahalaxmivilas Rasa is a Rasayana Medicine in Ayurveda which balances all the three doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha. It acts on lungs, nasal cavity, testes, male reproductive system, muscles, and senses. It strengthens whole body, especially lungs.
It also acts as cardioprotective and prevents several cardiac disorders.
Abhraka Bhasma – Bhasma (calx) of Mica – 48 g
Shuddha Gandhaka – Purified and processed Sulphur – 24 g
Vanga Bhasma – Bhasma of Tin – 12 g
Shuddha Parada – Purified and processed Mercury – 6 g
Shuddha Haratala – Purified Orpiment (Arsenis tri sulphide) – 6 g
Tamra Bhasma – Bhasma (calx) of Copper – 3g
Karpoora – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora – 6 g
Jatiphala – Nutmeg (fruit) – Myristica fragrans – 12 g
Vriddhadaru – Argyrea speciosa – 12 g
Swarna Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Gold – 12 g
Dose of Mahalaxmivilas Rasa is 125mg tablet once or twice a day with honey or milk taken after meal.
• It is used to reduce the symptoms of fever, pain and swelling in an inflammatory response.
• Its main use is observable in first and second stages of pulmonary tuberculosis. It can inhibit the reproduction and growth of bacteria. Moreover, it is beneficial to restore energy, strength, and weight. It can play an important role as supportive therapy in tuberculosis.
• Mahalaxmivilas ras improves cardiac output and cardiac function, strengthens heart muscles and improves heart health.
• It is used for the throat related problems like lymphadenopathy and diseases of ear, nose, eyes and headache.
• According to ayurveda, it is beneficial when the patient has Kaphaj Kasa. This condition generally relates to bronchitis in modern science.
• It reduces blood flow to an injury site by constricting blood vessels and inhibit bacterial growth.
• It also works well in skin diseases, diabetes, elephantiasis and facial palsy.
Side Effects –
There are no side effects reported with Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras, but it should be taken under medical supervision.
Pregnant women and lactating mothers should avoid Mahalakshmi Vilas Ras.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic formulations and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.