Shunthi Churna is powder of dry ginger. Ginger is a warming spice and promotes digestion and balances Vata. It alleviates Kapha and Vata.
Shunthi is one of the most widely used kitchen item as a medicine.It is an erect perennial herb growing up to one meter height with aromatic, horizontal and tuberous rhizomes.
Ingredients & Preparation Method –
Shunthi is popularly called is dried form of ginger. Shunthi is prepared after drying ginger by processing it through lime water.
• Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucus from the body.
• Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
• Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
• Appetizer: Improves appetite.
• Carminative: Preventing the formation or causing the expulsion of flatulence.
• Cholagogue: Promotes the discharge of bile from the system, purging it downward.
• Digestive stimulant: promotes digestion.
• Emmenagogue: Stimulates or increases menstrual flow.
• Hypotensive: Reduces blood pressure
• Adults: 250 mg to 1 gram twice daily after meals with lukewarm water or milk or as directed by the physician.
• Children: 125 mg to 500 mg twice daily after meals with lukewarm water or milk.
Shunthi churna contains thermogenic agents that are useful to burn fat. Regular consumption of ginger powder may actually help in boosting your metabolism and burning off the excess fat further helping you lose weight.
• Digestive Health
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that help the stomach to neutralize the digestive juices and further stimulates food digestion and absorption, eliminating the excess gas from intestinal tracts.
• Common Cold
The anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals present in ginger help relieve the common cold. It can promote sweating which helps to lower body temperature. This process is helpful when treating colds and also helps the body to get rid of toxins. An equal part of shunthi powder is mixed with honey and consuming two – three teaspoons of this mixture helps combat common cold.
Gingerols present in ginger also prevent the growth and spread of colorectal cancer cells. They may also kill ovarian cancer cells by inducing programmed cell death and self-digestion.
It helps to reduce inflammation; hence, it can be used to treat inflammatory disorders such as arthritis.
• Ginger should not be used in medicinal dose during pregnancy.
• It should not be used in gallstones.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic medicines and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.