Yashad (Jasad) Bhasma is an Ayurvedic mineral-based and immuno-modulatory medicine. It is also ayurvedic zinc supplement in used in zinc deficiency, slow wound healing, stunted growth and diarrhea in children.
• Pure Zinc
• Aloe vera juice
Pure zinc is processed with aloe vera juice for making bhasma.
• Digestive Stimulant
• Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels)
• Hematogenic (helps in formation of red blood cells)
• Adults – 15 mg to 250 mg.
• Maximum dosage – 500 mg per day.
• Safest dosage – 40 mg per day.
• Infants & Children – 10 to 20 mg
• Yashad Bhasma as Prophylactic therapy for children suffering from recurrent common cold or seasonal flu. Mixing Yasad bhasma with Sitopaladi churna can improve the immune system against almost all types of viral infections.
• Yashad Bhasma offers protection against “Broad Spectrum Ultraviolet Rays” (UVA/UVB), unlike chemical sunscreens that usually only block one type of UV light.
• Due to its astringent property, the Bhasma helps in regulating oil or sebum production in the skin and therefore works well on acne and oily skin types.
• It also helps to prevent future sun damage and dark spots− it also helps to improve synthesis of new skin tissue and collagen, which is needed to maintain youthful skin.
• Yashada Bhasma is beneficial for eye diseases such as macular degeneration, night blindness and cataract.
• Burning mouth syndrome occurs due to deficiency of zinc. The most common symptoms of this disease are burning sensation in the mouth, increase thirst, dry mouth, metallic or bitter taste and loss of taste.
• As Yashad Bhasma is having Zinc supplements it gives healing effects in gastric ulcer, peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. It speeds up healing process of ulcer and reduces inflammation in these diseases.
• People with diabetes may have lower serum zinc concentration. Zinc supplement improves glycemic control and decrease HbA1c percentage. Zinc also has protective effects for insulin secreting cells in the pancreas. Thus, it helps preventing further damage to the cells and improves health in diabetes.
• Yashad Bhasma is used for urticaria. It reduces itching and red spots.
• Yashad Bhasma is the best source of Zinc in Ayurvedic Medicine. Zinc supplementation stimulates bone formation and increases bone mass.
• It helps treating tinnitus in ears.
Side Effects –
Higher dosages are used in ayurveda, which can result in following side effects – nausea, vomiting (rare), metallic taste (very rare with Yashad Bhasma, but common with other zinc supplement), kidney damage, stomach damage, fatigue, stomach pain.
Yashad Bhasma is LIKELY SAFE for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic formulations and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.