Arvindasava is an Ayurvedic medicine that is primarily used for the treatment of Digestive Disorders in infants and children. It improves appetite and increases physical and mental strength.It is also used as a general tonic for all childhood complaints.
Arvindasava is prepared using following ingredients –
• Nelumbo Nucifera – Kamal (Lotus) flowers 40 grams
• Vetiveria Zizanioides – Vetiver (Ushira or Khas) 40 grams
• Gmelina Arborea – Gambhari (Beech wood/Kasmari) 40 grams
• Nymphaea Stellata – Neel Kamal (Blue water lily) flowers 40 grams
• Rubia Cordifolia – Manjistha roots 40 grams
• Elettaria Cardamomum – Elaichi (Cardamom) seeds 40 grams
• Sida Cordifolia – Bala roots 40 grams
• Nardostachys Jatamansi – Jatamansi roots 40 grams
• Cyperus Rotundus – Mustak 40 grams
• Hemidesmus Indicus – Sariva roots 40 grams
• Terminalia Chebula – Haritaki fruit rind 40 grams
• Terminalia Bellerica – Bibhitaki fruit rind 40 grams
• Acorus Calamus – Vacha roots 40 grams
• Emblica Officinalis – Amalaki (Amla or Indian gooseberry) 40grams
• Mulethi (Yashtimadhu) – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza Glabra 40 grams
• Hedychium Spicatum – Shati (Kapoor Kachri or Spiked Ginger Lily) rhizome 40 grams
• Indigofera Tinctoria – Neeli (True Indigo) roots 40 grams
• Trichosanthes Dioica – Patola 40 grams
• Fumaria Indica – Pitpapra (Shahtra) 40 grams
• Terminalia Arjuna – Arjuna stem bark 40 grams
• Madhuca Indica – Mahua/Madhuka flowers 40 grams
• Selinum Tenuifolium (Selinum Wallichianum) – Mura 40 grams
• Vitis Vinifera – Munakka (Raisins) 800 grams
• Woodfordia Fruticosa – Dhataki flowers 640 grams
• Water 20 liters
• Sharkara (Brown Sugar – Sucrose Sugar) 4 Kg
• Honey 2 Kg
• Digestive tonic
• Natural Anabolic
• Appetite stimulant
Effects on Doshas –
It mainly pacifies Vata and also works to balance Pitta and Kapha.
• Children 3 to 6 ml
• Adults 15 to 30 ml
• Maximum Possible Dosage 60 ml Per Day (in divided doses)
Prefer to take twice a day with the equal amount of water after meal.
• Delayed Milestone
Arvindasava helps for improving growth and development in children. It improves cognitive functions and thinking skills. It enhances understanding, learning, remembering, problem-solving and reasoning skills. It also helps to improve gross motor and fine motor milestones. It provides strength to the muscles and bones, which help to sit, stand, walk and run and keeping balance.
Most of ingredients are nutritive for bones and prevents the weakening and softening of the bones. Along with other medicines and vitamin D, it also helps to treat the rickets.
• Promotes Digestion
Arvindasava increases the digestive fire and rectifies the digestive juices, which helps to prevent acid dyspepsia and promotes optimum digestion and absorption of nutrients.
• Psychological problems
It is also used in treating Grahadosha – psychological problems of children like – crying without reason, throwing tantrums etc.
• Urinary Diseases
Arvindasava benefits in painful or burning urination.
Side Effects –
There is no side effect reported with Arvindasava. It is considerably safe for most infants, children and adults in recommended dosage.
High dose may cause gastric irritation. It is better to avoid giving this before food.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic formulations and other health related articles, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.