Happiness is when you can recognize and appreciate the good things in your life without letting the bad things overshadow them.Happiness is that feeling that comes over you when you know life is good and you can’t help but smile. According to another definition by philosopher Aristotle, happiness is the one human desire, and all other human desires exist as a way to obtain happiness.
Happiness is something that people seek to find, yet what defines happiness can vary from one person to the next.
Happiness Components –
Two key components of happiness are –
• The balance of emotions
Everyone experiences both positive and negative emotions, feelings, and moods. Happiness is generally linked to experiencing more positive feelings than negative ones.
• Life satisfaction
This relates to how satisfied you feel with different areas of your life including your relationships, work, achievements, and other things that you consider important.
Signs of Happiness –
Some key signs of happiness include –
• Feeling like you are living the life you wanted
• Going with the flow and a willingness to take life as it comes
• Feeling that the conditions of your life are good
• Enjoying positive, healthy relationships with other people
• Feeling that you have accomplished (or will accomplish) what you want in life
• Feeling satisfied with your life
• Feeling positive more than negative
• Being open to new ideas and experiences
• Practicing self-care and treating yourself with kindness and compassion
• Experiencing gratitude
• Feeling that you are living life with a sense of meaning and purpose
• Wanting to share your happiness and joy with others
Happy people still feel the whole range of human emotions—anger, frustrastion, boredom, loneliness, and even sadness—from time to time. But even when faced with discomfort, they have an underlying sense of optimism that things will get better, that they can deal with what is happening, and that they will be able to feel happy again.
Why is happiness so important?
Happiness has been shown to predict positive outcomes in many different areas of life including mental well-being, physical health, and overall longevity.
• Positive emotions increase satisfaction with life.
• Happiness helps people build stronger coping skills and emotional resources.
• Positive emotions are linked to better health and longevity.
• People who report having a positive state of well-being are more likely to engage in healthy behaviors such as eating fruits and vegetables and engaging in regular physical exercise.
• Being happy may make help you get sick less often. Happier mental states are linked to increased immunity.
The way to become happier person –
• Get Regular Exercise
Exercise is good for both your body and mind. Physical activity is linked to a range of physical and psychological benefits including improved mood
• Cultivate Strong Relationships
Social support is an essential part of well-being. Research has found that good social relationships are the strongest predictor of happiness. Having positive and supportive connections with people you care about can provide a buffer against stress, improve your health, and help you become a happier person.
• Show Gratitude
The people who writte about gratitude increase positive emotions, increase subjective happiness, and improve life satisfaction. In short, keeping a gratitude list is a relatively easy, affordable, simple, and pleasant way to boost your mood. Try setting aside a few minutes each night to write down or think about things in your life that you are grateful for.
• Find a sense of purpose
A sense of purpose involves seeing your life as having goals, direction, and meaning. It may help improve happiness by promoting healthier behaviors.
Some things you can do to help find a sense of purpose include –
▪︎ Explore your interests and passions
▪︎ Look for new things you might want to learn more about
• Enjoy the moment
The people tend to over earn—they become so focused on accumulating things that they lose track of actually enjoying what they are doing.
So, rather than falling into the trap of mindlessly accumulating to the detriment of your own happiness, focus on practicing gratitude for the things you have and enjoying the process as you go.
• Reframe Negative Thoughts
When you find yourself stuck in a pessimistic outlook or experiencing negativity, look for ways that you can reframe your thoughts in a more positive way.
For more informative articles on Psychological health and other health related issues related, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.