Diet based on Prakriti
As now we can recognize our prakriti, so we must knew about that which food suits our prakriti to maintain good disease free health.Thats why it is very important to take diet based on prakriti. Following are some food articles that are based on prakriti –
▪︎ Vata Prakriti –
• The food which are beneficial to Vata Prakriti are those that are sweet and hot in properties.
• Food should be consumed in small quantities.
• Ginger and garlic shall be used to maintain proper digestive abilities.
• Cereals such as wheat, sesame should be added to diet.
• Pulses such as black gram, green gram gives you added strength.
• Milk products such as curd, ghee, butter, cheese helps to stablize vata prakriti person health. Oils such as sesame oil, castor oil, cod liver oil are included.
• Vegetable such as white gourd, drumstick, onion, asparagus, radish and fruits such as mango, coconut, grapes, dates, pineapple, almonds, figs should be included in Vata prakriti person diet.
• Food which are not beneficial to Vata which are dry, cold and astringent in properties.
• Cereals such as barely, horse gram should be avoided.
• Pulses such as sprouted pulses, peas, masur, chana need not to be taken.
• Vegetables such as dry leafy vegetables, potato, bitter gourd and fruits such as jamun, cucumber, watermelon could increase Vata dosha.
• Spices such as chillies, pepper could harm Vata prakriti person health.
• Honey and sugarcane juice are not beneficial.
▪︎ Pitta Prakriti –
• Food which are cold , dry, sweet and bitter are beneficial to Pitta Prakriti.
• Cereals such as wheat, barley could resist your pitta to aggravate. .
• Pulses such as masur, greengram, channa are beneficial to protect you from Pitta problems as you have pitta prakriti by inbuilt.
• Ghee, butter, fresh buttermilk could give great help to pacify pitta doshas aggravation.
• Vegetables such as snake gourd, white gourd, carrot, beetroot should be used regularly by pitta prakriti people.
• Fruits such as dried grapes, apple, pomegranate, ripe bananas could be part of your daily diet regime.
• Old jaggery always helps to pacify pitta dosha.
• Spices such as coriander, rock salt shouldbe used instead of other firey spices.
• Food which are hot, pungent and sharp (teekshna) in properties are not beneficial to Pitta Prakriti.
• Pulses such as blackgram, horsegram, sprouted pulses should be avoided.
• Sour curds and butter milk could aggravate pitta dosha.
• Vegetables such as bringal, drumstick, green leafy vegetables should be avoided by pitta prakriti people.
• Fruits such as oranges, lime, tamrind, unripe mango could harm your health.
• One should stay away from spices such as garlic, pepper, chillies, asafoetida.
▪︎ Kapha Prakriti –
• Food which are light, hot, dry, pungent in properties are beneficial to Kapha Prakriti.
• Cereals such barley should be preferred for kapha prakriti people.
• Pulses such as masur, horse gram, green gram are beneficial for kaphaj people.
• One should add Oil such as mustard oil, sesame oil in their food preparation.
• Vegetables such as bitter gourd, drumstick, snake gourd, onions shouldbe a part of daily diet regime.
• Fruits such as pomegranate, lemon helps to control your aggravated kapha dosha.
• Spices such as dry ginger, black cumin seeds, garlic, pepper should never be forget to use in a kaphaj prakriti individual.
• Old wine and substances such as honey also gives good help to control kaph dosha.
• Food which are sweet, cold, heavy in property are not beneficial to Kapha Prakriti.
• Cereals such as fresh rice are better exclude from your diet.
• Pulses such as black gram could harm your health as they could aggravate kapha dosha.
• Buffalo’s milk, curd, ghee, butter are enemies of kaphaj prakriti people health.
• Vegetables such as sweet potato, cabbage are better to avoid..
• Fruits such as banana, guava, grapes, coconut, jack fruit could aggravate kapha dosha.
• Sugarcane juice, jaggery are of no benefitto be taken by kaphaj prakriti people.
• Freshly prepared beverages could bring kaphaj diseases like cold, cough etc.
• Spices such as coriander need not to be taken.
For more informative articles like Diet based on prakriti and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.