Akik Pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Agate (mineral of silica) gem. This medicine is used in the treatment of various cardiac problems. Pishti is cool in potency and can be taken by persons who cannot tolerate Bhasma of the same minerals.
Akik is a silica mineral (SiO2), known as Quartz. Akik is purified before use.
Heat Akik till it becomes red-hot and dips in Gulāba Jala or Arka Vedamuśka or Go-dugdha for 21 times. Shodhit Akik is used as Pishti or Bhasma.
• Akik (Shuddha) churna Q.S.
• Kumari rasa (Aloe vera juice) Q.S. for mardana
• Ketaki rasa Q.S. for mardana
• Jalapippalika svarasa Q.S. for mardana
• Rambha rasa (Kadali svarasa) Q.S. for mardana
Preparation Method –
It is to be prepared by triturating the drugs with the specified fluids in turn and dried in the sun.
• Bone formation
The recommended dosage of medicine is 125 mg to 375 mg with honey.
It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening or as prescribed by your doctor.
• It helps in tachycardia. It reduces associated symptoms such as restlessness, dizziness and confusion.
• It gives strength to heart, brain, stomach and other bodily organs and cures weakness.
• It heals damages done to the arteries and rejuvenates the heart.
• It is a cooling in nature and gives relief in peptic ulcer and burning sensation in the body.
• It acts as tonic for the heart.
• It reduces bad cholesterol.
• It reduces excessive Pitta and thus give relief in hyperacidity.
• It strengthens and tones up the system.
• It is useful in rapid and irregular heartbeats and hypertension.
• It is useful in abnormal uterine bleeding.
• It is useful to recover from depression with agitation, irritation and anger.
Side Effects –
There are no known side-effects for this medicine still as because it is mineral based formulation and hence it is highly recommended to use for short duration like up to 1-2 months.
Specific contraindications have not been identified for this medication. Take the medicine under a doctor’s prescription.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic formulations and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors and get health benefits.