Avipattikar Churna is an herbal remedy used in Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India. It contains different Ayurvedic herbs and is generally used to treat digestive and excretory system related problems. It neutralizes the acid secretion in the gastrointestinal tract and promotes the production of digestive enzymes which aid in the absorption of nutrients.
1) Saunth – Ginger- Zingiber officinale:10 gram
2) Kali Mirch – Black pepper – Piper longum:10 gram
3) Peepal – Piper longum: 10 gram
4) Harad – Terminalia chebula: 10 gram
5) Baheda – Terminalia belerica:10 gram
6) Amla – Emblica officinalis:10 gram
7) Nagarmotha – Nutcracker- Cyperus rotundus: 10 gram
8) Vayvidang – Embelia ribes:10 gram
9) Choti Elaichi Daane – Elettaria cardamomum: 10 gram
10) Tejpatra – Indian bay leaf – Cinnamomum tamala: 10 gram
11) Lavang – Clove – Syzygium aromaticum: 100 gram
12) Nishoth – Turpeth- Operculina turpethum: 400 gram
13 ) Mishri – Sugar: 600 gram
Effect on Doshas-
According to the principles of Ayurveda, health problems often result from imbalances in the three doshas. Avipattikar Churna is often used to treat imbalances in the dosha known as Pitta and in turn, promote healing.
5 -7.5 gram twice a day before meal with lukewarm water or ghee or honey.
• It is specially indicated for hyperacidity.
• It also gives benefit in mild constipation.
• It works in gastritis and indigestion problems.
• It works excellent in peptic ulcers.
• It is a specified medicine for GERD(Acid reflux).
• It lowers the risk of urinary tract infection and kidney problems by promoting the kidney function.
• It has shown a positive outcome in eliminating kidney stones and hinders oxalate deposition which helps to get rid of urine salts like calcium and oxalates.
• It can treat nephritis by lowering inflammation of kidneys, glomeruli, tubules and interstitial tissue.
Avipattikar Churna is not recommended for use in pregnant women as well as those suffering from diarrhoea.
For more informative articles over Ayurvedic medicines and on other health issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.
You can also follow us on