Kumar Kalyan Ras
Kumar Kalyan Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used for the treatment of pediatric complaints such as fever, cough, jaundice, diarrhoea, rickets, nervous problems etc. It ensures proper intellectual development of the child, making the child intelligent, vibrant, and healthy. It has multivitamins and nutrients that make sure any gaps in a growing child’s nutritional needs are filled. It helps in brain development, increases strength of bones, provides energy and boosts immunity.This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
10 g fine powder of each of –
• Sindura – Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
• Mukta Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Pearl
• Swarna Bhasma – Bhasma of Gold
• Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica
• Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron
• Makshika Bhasma – Bhasma of Copper-Iron Pyrite
• Kumari Rasa (juice extract) – Aloe vera Quantity Sufficient.
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with juice extract, made into paste and pills are prepared
• Nervine tonic
62.5 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with milk, honey or sugar.
• Kumar kalyan Ras is recommended in jaundice of infants & children.
• It is also effective in general physical weakness or debility in children. It improves digestion, appetite, and promotes general well-being. For this purpose, Arvindasava is accurate adjuvant for Kumar Kalyan Ras. Many children lose their appetite and weight after a prolong sickness. In such cases, Kumar Kalyan Ras along with Arvindasava is also very beneficial.
• It is helpful in treatment of nervous disorders such as polio , nervous, debility and weakness associted with polio.
• However, 5 to 9 times per year child can suffer seasonal diseases. In such cases, no additional treatment is necessary. However, in some children, respiratory infections occur too frequently like after 15 days or in every month.
In such cases, Kumar Kalyan Ras is also beneficial. Kumar Kalyan Ras improves and builds immunity against several bacteria and viruses, which ultimately protects children from recurrent infections. In such case, Kumar Kalyan Ras should be given with Sitopaladi Churna and honey.
• It also helps in the development of bones in children.
• This medicine pacifies all three humors (Tridosha VATA, PITTA & KAPHA). It provides strength to the body and increases mental awareness and alertness in children.
• Hypotonia is defined as decreased muscle tone, which may have several underlying causes. These can be congenital hypotonia, muscular dystrophy or cerebral palsy.
In ayurveda, for all these underlying diseases, Kumar Kalyan Ras is used. Kumar Kalyan Ras provides strength to muscles, improves neurological coordination, and increases muscle tone. Ashwagandha and milk are best adjuvants for Kumar Kalyan Ras in such diseases. Other remedies may also require according to symptoms and actual health conditions, which may vary in each child with these diseases.
Side Effects –
• Self medication with this medicine should be strictly avoided.
• Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
• Over-dosage may cause allergic side effects.
• Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic medicines and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.