Makardhwaj is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in powder / tablet form. Makardhwaj is named due to its aphrodisiac and the efficiency in treating impotency.
Ingredients & Preparation –
• Shuddha Swarna – Purified gold leaves – 12 g
• Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 96 g
• Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 288 g
• Karpasa – Cotton – Gossypium herbaceum – juice extract – Quantity Sufficient
• Kumari – Aloe vera – juice – Quantity Sufficient
First purified Mercury and gold leaves are triturated together. Then purified sulphur is added to it, ground carefully. Later the juice extracts are added, triturated till dryness. This is further processed in Kupipakwa method and finally Makaradhwaj got prepared to be used as an effective medicine.
1 – 2 tablets(125 mg – 250 mg) once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic physician.
This medicine is traditionally administered along with betel leaf.
After this medicine administration, warm cow milk with candy sugar need to be taken.
• Makardhwaj is an effective rejuvenator which helps to correct premature aging.
• It is beneficial for men’s health problems including erectile dysfunction or impotency.
• It might also be useful in cases of premature ejaculation and oligospermia.
• Makardhwaj increases sexual power and also improves semen quality.
• It is also effective in lung conditions like endless cold, pneumonia, or tuberculosis.
• It calms the torment in conditions like heart arrhythmias, palpitations, stress, and uneasiness.
• It is normally utilized for the shortcoming, unending skin conditions.
• It is used in the treatment of poisoning caused by chemicals, snakes and contaminated foods.
• It helps to relieve fever, dyspepsia.
Side Effects –
• This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
• Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
• It is to be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
• Overdosage may cause many side effects including gastritis.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic formulations and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.