Ras manikya is a drug used commonly in Ayurveda practice for various therapeutic purposes.Ras manikya made out of Shuddha Haratala and due to the Manikya (Ruby) colour of formulation it is termed as Ras manikya. Ras Manikya is used to balance vata and kapha in your body.
Each 250 mg. preparation of Ras Manikya contains –
• Shudh haritala (Orpiment)-250 mg.
• Abhraka Patra (Mica)- Q.S
Preparation Method –
Small pieces of haritala are kept on abhraka (mica) sheet and covered by another sheet of abhraka. This abharaka samputa containing talaka is kept in a moderate fire. When melted and the colour is also changed like manikya (red) the samputa is removed from the fire. When it is cool the abhraka sheets are separated and material found between sheets is collected and then powdered and kept in a glass container.
Dosageto be taken of Ras Manikya should be 62 mg – 125 mg in the morning & evening with ghee, honey, cream, mishri, for medicinal purposes or as directed by the Physician.
Ras Manikya gives a number of health benefits which are as follows –
• It acts as a rejuvenating tonic which improves strength, stamina and energy and is a good stimulant.
• Helps in treating the seminal weakness and infertility in females.
• It may be beneficial in treating poor erection resulting from nerve weakness and testicular dystrophy.
• Relieves from fever, throat irritation, asthma and other respiratory disorders.
• May help to treat skin diseases and allergic skin conditions like boils, pimples, carbuncles, and contact dermatitis.
• It may help in treatment of gout.
• It gives good relief too in piles, fissure and fistula.
• May be useful in treating various diseases due to vitiation of vata and kapha.
Ayurvedic medicines are free from side effects, provided you know how to use them and when to stop using them. Everything from the dose of ras manikya to the time for taking it should be taken seriously. For this, you must consult an Ayurvedic doctor.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic formulations and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult with our experienced health consultants, get benefits and stay healthy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.