Vyoshadi Vati, also known as Vyoshadi Vatakam or Vyoshadi Gutika, is a classical a proprietary ayurvedic medication formulated specifically for the treatment and management of respiratory and digestive disorders.
• 36 grams Vyosha or Trikatu Churna (mixture of long pepper, black pepper, and ginger)
• 12 grams Talispatra – Abies webbiana
• 12 grams Chitrak (White leadwort) – Plumbago zeylanica
• 12 grams Jeera (Cumin) – Cuminum cyminum
• 12 grams Chavya (Java Long Pepper) – Piper chaba
• 12 grams Tintidika – Rhus parviflora
• 12 grams Amlavetasa Garcinia pedunculata
• 9 grams Tejpata (Indian Bay Leaf) – Cinnamomum tamala
• 9 grams Dalchini (Cinnamon) – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
• 9 grams Elaichi (Cardamom) – Elettaria cardamomum
• 240 grams Gur – Jaggery
• Water as required
Method of preparation –
• Prepare the sugar syrup or chasni by adding gur in boiling water.
• Next add all the washed and dried herbs one by one in it.
• Keep stirring until the herbs get totally dissolved.
• Next dry the mixture completely.
• Prepare small round balls using your palm.
• Store the vatis in amber-coloured, food-grade glass bottles for future use.
• Respiratory Diseases
This ayurvedic proprietary formulation holds high significance in treating the common cold, incessant cough and flu symptoms. It not only prevents runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion and irritation but also reduces inflammation and irritation of the nasal mucosa, which ultimately provides relief from most of the common cold symptoms. It is also highly effective in treating asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and other respiratory illnesses.
• Sore Throat
On taking recommended doses of this vati, irritation, throat pain, and cough associated with a sore throat is greatly reduced. It is also extremely beneficial when throat and tongue has a white coating, or itchy, and has no burning sensation.
The appetizing property of this herbal formulation aids in the digestion of food, improves appetite, promotes absorption of nutrients and thereby ensures that the person eats healthily.
Adults: 5 – 10 grams / 2 tablets along with equal quantity of lukewarm water or milk, twice a day, immediately after meals or as suggested by the ayurvedic doctor or health care provider.
Side Effects –
Enriched with a quarry of powerful rejuvenating herbs, Vyoshadi Vati is extremely beneficial in recommended doses. But if it is consumed in excess or without prior consultation with a doctor, it can lead to side effects and allergic reactions including gastric irritation, heart burn, and burning sensation in the abdomen.
Although, this medication is considered safe for breastfeeding women and children yet it is strictly advised for them to take it only under professional supervision. It is also suggested for pregnant women not to consume this herbal concoction.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic medicines and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.