Bhumi Amla is a tropical plant that grows 50-70 cm. in height. It usually found in Rainy Season. The bark of this plant is light green in color and smooth. The fruits of Bhumi Amla are tiny, smooth in capsules form containing seeds. The flowers are numerous pale green in color.
Bhumi Amla is commonly known as stonebreaker and gale of the wind. It’s botanical name is Phyllanthus niruri and belongs to Phyllanthaceae family.
Chemical Composition –
Bhumi Amla contain bioactive ligans, glycosides, alkaloids, flavonoids, phenyle proponoids, ellagitanis, gernanin, amarin and corilagin present in stem, roots and leaves.
Effects on Doshas –
Bhumi Amla reduces Kapha and pitta doshas.
It has Anti-helminthic, hepatoprotective, hypoglycemic, hypotensive, appetizer, analgesic, antispasmodic, astringent, anti-viral, laxative and diuretic properties.
Its useful parts are stem, bark, leaves, and fruits.
• In juice form – 15-20 ml twice daily.
• In powder from – 3-6 gm twice daily.
• Decoction- 20-30 mI twice daily.
• Capsules – 1-2 capsules twice daily with water after meal.
Health Benefits –
• This herb is very effective for anaemia.
• It works effectively in liver disorders such as all type of Hepatitis (A, B, C, D, & E), hepatomegaly, liver carcinoma, jaundice, liver cirrhosis, splenomegaly.
• As it is famous by the name Stone breaker, it crushers and expells gallstones and kidneystones.
• It improves taste and beneficial in anorexia and excessive thirst condition.
• It help to get relieve from hiccups.
• It is beneficial in bleeding disorders like heavy periods (Menorrhagia) and nasal bleeding.
• It works on different types of Chronic fever.
• It gives good results on veneral diseases, gonorrhoea, leucorrhoea, HIV etc.
• It is also beneficial over skin ulcers.
• It also works very well for asthma and chronic respiratory disorders patients.
• It also works good in hypertension, facial palsy and paralysis.
Side Effects –
There are no side- effects of this herb but if used in very high dose than it can increases Vata doshas in the body. Sometimes its higher dose can also lead to diarrhoea and dysentry.
For more informative articles on health issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.
You can also follow us on