Jivanti is the best rejuvenator herb of Ayurveda.The name itself means that it maintains normal status of health.
Jivanti is a perennial woody climber with branches that can grow up to 5 meters in length. The stem is brownish-gray in color, while the leaves are small, oval-shaped, and green. The plant produces small white or pink flowers that grow in clusters.Jivanti, also known as Leptadenia reticulata, is a plant commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine belongs to Asclepiadaeceae.
Part used –
The root and stem bark of Jivanti are used in Ayurvedic medicine.
The root and stem bark of Jivanti can be powdered and taken with water or milk. It can also be decocted by boiling in water and then taken after straining.
The recommended dosage of Jivanti varies depending on the form in which it is taken. Generally, it is taken in the form of a powder or decoction. As per Ayurvedic texts, the recommended dosage of the Jivanti powder is 1-3 grams per day, while in the form of a decoction, 50-100 ml can be taken once or twice a day.
Jivanti has various health benefits and is used in Ayurveda to treat several conditions, including:
• Respiratory Disorders: Jivanti is useful in treating respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis, and cough. It helps in relieving congestion, reducing inflammation, and improving breathing.
• Digestive Disorders: It is helpful in treating digestive disorders like constipation, diarrhea, and dysentery. It helps in regulating bowel movements and reducing inflammation in the gut.
• Immunity Booster: Jivanti has immunomodulatory properties that help in strengthening the immune system and protecting the body against infections and diseases.
• Reproductive Health: It is known to have aphrodisiac properties and is useful in treating sexual disorders like impotence and low libido. It also helps in regulating menstrual cycles and relieving menstrual cramps.
• Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Properties: It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help in reducing inflammation in the body and protecting against oxidative stress.
For more informative articles on Herbs & other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.