Suvarna Prashana is one of the 16 essential rituals for children and has been described in Ayurveda. Suvarna Bhasma is the ash of gold. This is mixed with other herbal extracts and given to children in the form of semi-liquid through the oral route- this process is called Suvarna Prashana.
It is not magic or some chemically induced medicine, but an ancient Ayurvedic science that has been present for ages to boost a child’s immunity.
Ingredients of Suvarna Prashan :
• Ash of Gold
• Shankha Pushpi
• Guduchi satva
• Yashti madhu
☆ Unequal amounts of honey and ghee are important as mixing equal amounts violates the principles of Ayurveda.
What is the time and duration to give Suvarna Prashan?
Suvarna Prashana drops should be given to the baby every day Morning in the empty stomach or On the day of Pushya Nakshatra. The drops should be given by the parents to the baby in empty stomach.
How long Suvarna Prashana drops should be given?
Daily dose of Swarna prashana drops should be given for minimum of 1 month to maximum of 3-6 months.
Monthly once for minimum of 30 Months to maximum of 90 months on the day of Pushya nakshatra ( Pushya Nakshatra day comes once in 27 days )
Mode of Action of Suvarna Prashan drops :
Gold has been taken as very precious metal in Ayurveda. When Gold (Swarna) is processed into Swarna bhasma in Ayurvedic way, it would embrace following properties –
• Swarna bhasma has moisturizing & unctuous effect on body.
• It becomes Madhura, Rejuvenative and immunity booster.
• It improves complexion and growth of the body.
• It Detoxifies the body.
• It can treat different fevers like Vishajwara( Malaria), Aantra jwara(Typhoid) and general weakness.
• It also acts as Nervine stimulant because human brain grows rapidly in 1 to 16 years of life.
It has been proved that Swarna bhasma possesses Anti oxidants, Anti depressants, Anti cancerous, Antibacterial & Anti rheumatoid properties.
Other drugs in it help to build Immunity of the baby and enhances the effect of swarna bhasma.
Dosage of Suvarna prashan
• Birth to 1 Year – 2 Drops
• 1 to 16 Years – 4 Drops
What is the Age group of Children who can take Suvarna Prashan?
From birth up to the age of 16 years of age Suvarna Prashana drops could be given to children.
Vedic perspective and benefits of Suvarna prashan :
An Ancient Indian Pediatrician, Maharshi Kashyapa has described the benefits of Suvarnaprashana in his Book Kashyapa Samhita which is the Veda written for children healthin Sanskrit language says as follows in simple terms –
• Suvarna prashana improves Intelligence, Digestive fire and Physical power of children.
• It gives long, spiritual, holy and saintly life.
• It helps to nurture early developmental milestones
• It gives rejuvenative effects and tone ups the skin.
• It improves immunity in a way so that the child can be protected from bacterial and viral infections.
• It enhances grasping power, analysis power and recall memory of child and makes your child more sharper.
• It protects the baby from different kinds of Allergies.
• It reduces anxiety, aggressiveness, irritability, and attention-seeking behavior
How to store the suvarna prashana drops:
Drops should be kept in room temperature and should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
Swarna prashana drops can be used for 3 years when stored in shade and in room temperature.
☆ It should not be stored in refrigerator.
For more information about Ayurvedic medicine and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.