Kaishore guggulu is one of the very famous Ayurvedic herbal product. It acts as – ageing skin health promoter, joint health, natural blood cleanser, useful as supportive dietary herbal supplement in many health conditions such as diabetes, skin diseases etc.
• Triphala (Haritaki, Vibhitaki and Amalaki fruit rind) – 2.304 kg
• Amruta – Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia – 1 Prastha – 768 g
• Water – Ardha Drona – 6.144 liters
• Guggulu – Commiphora mukul – 768 g
• Triphala – 2 Pala – 96 g
• Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia – Giloy – 48 g
• Tryushana – Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and ginger – 72 g
• Vidanga – False Black pepper – Embelia ribes – 24 g
• Danti – Baliospermum montanum – Root – 12 g
• Trivrit – Operculina turpethum – 12 g
• Ghrita – Ghee – Quantity sufficient
Phytochemical Composition –
• Guggulipids (gugulipid or guglipid)
Usual dosage is two tablets two or three times a day, after food.
The traditional dose, as explained in the verse is 3 grams per day, in divided doses.
• Raised uric acid or gouty arthritis
Kaishore guggulu is a drug of choice in gout. Overproduction of uric acid in the body and decrease in excretion of uric acid through the kidneys are main cause of gout or raised uric acid.
Kaishore guggulu works well in both conditions. It corrects the metabolism and checks on uric acid production. Further, it corrects the elimination process of uric acid in kidneys. It improves kidney functions and helps in excretion of various chemicals through it.
• Boils, wounds and Carbuncles
Kaishore guggulu has anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties due to which it helps in treating boils and carbuncles.
Diabetes is a common condition in which carbuncles occur.
Kaishore guggul also works on blood glucose level and corrects the problem of cellular resistance to insulin. Moreover, it reduces infection, swelling and pus discharge from the carbuncles.
• Acne vulgaris
Kaishore guggulu is a good blood purifier, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Therefore, it helps in getting rid of acne and pimples.
• Eczema & psoriasis
Along with other ayurvedic medicines, kaishore guggul gives promising results in eczema and psoriasis.
Side Effects –
Kaishore guggulu is considered safe and well tolerable in most of people, but in some cases, it can cause following problems.
• Acidity (rare and it occurs only if you already have history of gastritis, GERD or ulcer)
• Frequent urination (rare with kaishore guggulu, but if you are taking it with punarnava for gout, it is common due to diuretic action of punarnava)
• You should avoid using kaishore guggulu during pregnancy.
• Lactating mothers should take it if required and indicated under supervision of ayurvedic physician.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic herbs and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult.