Dashamoola, as the name signifies is the potent magical concoction of ten dried roots of ten different plants, which have been widely used in Ayurveda since ages due to its amazing health benefits. The word Dashamoola is Sanskrit terminology, where ‘Dasha’ means ten and ‘moola’ means root.
Ingredients Of Dashamoola –
▪︎ Brihat Panchamoola
• Bilva (Indian Bael) – Aegle marmelos
• Agnimantha (Arani) – Premna serratifolia (Premna mucronata & Premna integrifolia)
• Gambhari (Beech wood/ Kasmari) – Gmelina arborea
• Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
• Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
▪︎ Laghu Panchamoola
• Brihati (Indian Nightshade) – Solanum indicum
• Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
• Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
• Gokshura or Gokhru – Tribulus terrestris
• Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
The precise therapeutic dosage may vary from person to person depending upon the age, severity, and condition of the patient.
• Powder: 3 – 6 g infused in warm water, twice a day after meals or as directed by the ayurvedic doctor or practitioner.
• Decoction: 30 – 60 ml, along with warm water, twice a day, 30 minutes prior to meals or as suggested by the doctor.
• Respiratory Problems
Dashamoola powder plays a pivotal role in treating several respiratory troubles like the common cold, cough and flu symptoms. Accumulation of rheum particles in the nasal passage and chest get removed easily on using the ten roots. It is also beneficial in treating bronchitis, allergic rhinitis, whooping cough and asthmatic conditions.
Dashamoola is quintessential in reducing joint and muscle pain, thereby reducing the chances of chronic autoimmune inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, urinary infection, anemia, and ailments of liver which occurs due to the vitiation of Vata Doshas. It also reduces pain occurring in the lower back, sacral regions and lower limbs (i.e. thigh, legs, and feet).
Dashamoola holds high significance in providing relief from chronic headaches, tension, etc. Normally, a headache occurs due to excessive workload, stress, anxiety, etc. It has a soothing effect on irritated nerves, calms the brain and improves nerve function. It also treats the symptoms associated with migraines like vomiting, nausea and gastrointestinal troubles.
Dashamoola is used effectively in treating different types of fever. It not only reduces the body temperature and treats intermittent and high fever but also effective against fever due to common cold, flu or influenza.
• Digestive health
Dashamoola is also well-known for its excellent digestive qualities. Not only does it counterbalance the excess acid in the stomach and provides immediate relief from acidity and heartburn but also improves digestion and reduces constipation.
It also increases appetite and promotes better absorption of nutrients in the body and treats conditions like flatulence, abdominal cramps, bloating etc.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic herbs and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also our YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UCYpFPIzh7g1cWmqC_cNNNLw also and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors ,get benefits and stay healthy.