Scorpion Herb has sprouts hair-like thorns all over its stems, nodes and leaves. It is known for its ability to cause an itchy rash when it touches the skin. It is a highly adaptable, ever-growing plant and as a result, it is quite easy to make the mistake of touching it. The scorpion herb can be identified as:
• It is a perennial herb, 3-7 ft tall, dying down to the ground in winter. It has widely spreading rhizomes and stolons, which are bright yellow as are the roots
• The leaves of scorpion herb grow in groups of three.
• The leaves of scorpion herb are pointed at the upper end.
• The leaves of scorpion herb are usually green in spring and reddish-orange in fall.
• Scorpion herb grows as both a vine or a shrub.
• The flowers of nettle herb appear in spring with clusters of small white fruits.
• All parts of the plant contain the troublesome urushiol oil, so avoid touching all parts of the plant. Urushiol oil is colorless (or sometimes slightly yellow) that can stay on objects for months.
Scorpion herb is called Nettle leaf in English and Bichubuti in Hindi. Its botanical name is Urtica dioica which belongs to Urticaceae family.
Many other nutrients like protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium, sugar, fiber, carbohydrate, zinc, selenium, thiamine, vitamin B6 are found in scorpion herb, Which are very important for our body. Scorpion herb grow in places with more moisture. You can easily see many species around the forests and rivers. It is mainly found in parts of Mexico, Italy, India, Nepal, China, Russia, Netherlands, North America and Africa.
Parts Used –
The leaves of scorpion herb are used for medicinal purposes.
How to use –
The mere touch of a scorpion herb can cause shivering in the body. So the question is how to use it? Let us know how you can use it –
• To use as a salad, first wash its leaves thoroughly. Now put this salt in the boiling water. After cooling, you can consume it by mixing its leaves with salad.
• You can consume capsules prepared from scorpion leaves.
• You can also use it in the form of tea.
• Wound Healing
Whenever you have any injury or wound, you can use scorpion herb. The hydroalcoholic extract present in it heals cuts and burns quickly. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which helps in quick drying of wounds and bruises.
• Seasonal Flu
Many times, due to the change of weather, there is a problem of fever, runny nose, itching in the nose along with allergies such as rhinitis. It also gives relief in asthma.
• Prevents excessive bleeding
To reduce the discomfort of women going through excessive labor pain during pregnancy and menstruation, they are advised to drink tea associated with scorpion herb. The nettle herb that acts as a coagulant also prevents excessive bleeding.
• Hair Health
The capsule or tea of scorpion herb for hair is used internally to prevent hair loss. You can also apply its oil externally in the hair. Its oil can also be mixed with coconut or mustard oil and applied to the hair. This can also prevent dandruff.
By consuming scorpion herb during menstruation, women can get rid of cramps and swelling to a great extent.
It regulates the changes in the body after menstruation and also regulates blood flow by acting as an astringent.
• Urinary tract infections
Scorpion herb is also known for its diuretic properties for urinary tract infections.Due to its properties, it helps in the treatment of urinary stones, urinary tract infections and other urinary problems.
• Heart & Liver Health
Scorpion herb can prove to be beneficial for both heart and liver. It contains ethanolic extract, which can protect against atherosclerotic heart problems.
Atherosclerotic is a disease associated with the arteries of the heart. Due to this, the risk of heart attack and other heart-related diseases increases.Lower systolic blood pressure can be reduced to a great extent by drinking tea made from it regularly. Along with this, it is also effective in curing liver related problems.
• Prostrate Enlargement
The problem of prostate enlargement can also be prevented by the consumption of scorpion herb.
• Since it is a diuretic, it should not be used by people suffering from kidney problems
• Its excessive use reduces ejaculation. In fact, it inhibits the production of an enzyme called aromatase, which is responsible for sperm production.
• It also has the ability to thin the blood which reduces the chances of blood clotting.
• It can also make you sleepy
• Also lowers blood sugar level. That is, diabetic patients should be careful in its use.
• Never burn a scorpion herb to kill it. The oil of the leaves will burn, and if you breathe in the fumes, chances are you will inhale it into your throat or lungs, making breathing very painful. It can be harmful or even fatal.
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic herbs and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.