Shiro Abhyanga is defined as a complete massage and relaxation of the upper body involving the head, neck and shoulder regions.This rejuvenating Ayurvedic procedure involves massaging with dosha-specific, herb-infused oils. The massage oil is usually pre-mixed with potent, natural herbs which alleviate specific conditions.
You can perform the scalp massage at home as well by warming up some herbal oil and asking a family member to perform it for you. For this type of massage, you can use natural Ayurvedic hair oils. Try looking for oil with Ayurvedic ingredients such as bringharaj, coconut, amla, almonds, hibiscus and bibhitaki.
How to do it?
Try the following steps for a soothing scalp massage at home:
• Warm up your oil slightly in a water bath
• Apply it onto your scalp, then move on to your neck
• Massage your scalp using gentle, but firm pressure
• Work your way across your scalp, from the temples and mid parting to the ends, to cover all areas.
There are a few different methods of massaging which should be used while carrying out the Shiro Abhyanga, such as –
• Using finger strokes
• Using a flat palm stroke
• Using a closed fist stroke
• Gently grasping tufts of hair and then releasing
• Gently pressing onto the scalp
Shiro Abhyanga has exemplary benefits not just for hair but also for overall health as well. Here are a few of the advantages it gives your body:
• Prevents premature greying and hair fall
• Helps stimulate hair growth
• Soothes headaches and migraines
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic procedures and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.