Kamdugdha Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine with herbal and mineral ingredients. It doesn’t have parada (mercury) and Gandhak ( sulphur), still it is called as Rasausadhi. It is commonly used to treat pitta disorders. It has soothing and calming effect on gut. It has cold potency and balances digestive fire. It is good natural calcium supplement. It reduces inflammation of gastric and oesophageal mucosa. It is used in treating gastritis and bleeding diseases.
Kamdugdha Ras is of two types which contains little difference in contents.
▪︎ Kamdugdha Ras ( plain)
• Giloy sat
• Swarn gairik
• Abhrak Bhasma
▪︎ Kamdugdha Ras ( Moti yukt)
• Mukta pisti
• Pravala pisti
• Mukta sukti pisti
• Kapardika bhasma
• Shankha bhasma
• Svarna gairika
• Giloy satva
Dosage of Kamdugdha ras may vary by patients age, health condition and other conditions. Still usual dose of Kamdugdha Ras is 120 to 240 mg ( 1-2 tab) to be taken in the morning and evening with honey or as directed by the physician.
According to different health conditions its Anupana is different which is as follows –
• Leucorrhea – It is to be taken with cow’s milk or rice water
• Pitta Disorders – It is to be taken with cow’s ghee and sugar mixed with cow’s milk
• Diabetes – It is to be taken with pippli churna and honey
• Bleeding problems – It should be taken with doorva swaras.
Kamdugdha Ras is beneficial in soo many health conditions which includes –
• It is used to treat the bleeding from the nose.
• It gives relief in urine problems like urinary tract infection, urine incontinence etc.
• It is helpful in diabetes treatment which is associated with a burning sensation in palms and soles, chest and eyes.
• It provides help in the treatment of gastritis and diarrhoea
• It helps in treating the menorrhagia (heavy flow during the menstrual cycle) in females
• It is also beneficial in Leucorrhea and hot flashes in menopause
• It may help to soothe hyper-acidity
• It gives relief in vertigo, weakness and giddiness problem
• It provides relief in ulcers
For more informative articles on Ayurvedic medicines and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.