Pistachios or pistas are an Iranian delight and are rich in fibers, antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Pistachios are a type of nuts that come from the seed of the Pistachio plant. They are small, hard, and have a smooth exterior. Pistachios are a type of almond-based food that comes from the Middle East. Pistachios are usually ground into flour and baked in an oven or on a griddle. Pistachio kernels are a high-quality nutritious snack, famous not only in the United States but throughout the world. They have a chewy texture, making them perfect for snacks or desserts.Pistachio kernels have different colours, ranging from yellow to shades of green.
It’s botanical name is Pistacia vera which belongs to family Anacardiaceae.
The tree grows up to 10 m (33 ft) tall. It has deciduous, pinnate leaves 10–20 cm (3.9–7.9 in) long. The plants are dioecious, with separate male and female trees. The flowers are apetalous and unisexual and borne in panicles.
The fruit is a drupe, containing an elongated seed, which is the edible portion. The seed, commonly thought of as a nut, is a culinary nut, not a botanical nut. The fruit has a hard, cream-colored exterior shell. The seed has a mauve-colored skin and light green flesh, with a distinctive flavor. When the fruit ripens, the shell changes from green to an autumnal yellow/red and abruptly splits partly open.
Nutritional Value –
Pistachio kernels are also high in healthy nutrients, such as magnesium and potassium. Pistachios are excellent sources of dietary fiber, monounsaturated fatty acids, and B complex vitamins.
Pistachios are a moderate source of calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B5, folate, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
• Pistachio kernels boost mood, increase focus and productivity; reduce stress levels.
• Pistachios lowers the LDL cholestrol, thus prevent heart disease and stroke.
• They also helps improving sleep quality.
• Pistachios are an adequate source of healthy fats, including vitamin E & Omega-3 fatty acids.
• It helps to improve & strengthen your immune system.
• They are rich in fiber they are also considered good for your gut. In all, you can binge-eat pista or pistachios without worrying much.
For more informative articles on Healthy nuts and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.