Indukanta Gritham is a combination of anti-inflammatory group of ten roots (Dashamoola), digestive group of peppers (Black pepper, long pepper, wild pepper etc.), Indian Elm and Deodar, in a nourishing base of ghee. This traditional recipe strengthens the digestive system and balances Vata at the level of intestines. Indukanta Gritham boosts immunity and safeguards against recurrent infection.
Indhukantha Gritham is ghee infused with 18 herbal ingredients as follows-
• Putika – Holoptelea integrifolia – ChiraBilva– 256 g – Indian Elm – Holoptelea integrifolia is a herb mentioned in Ayurveda for the treatment of localized swelling, skin diseases, nausea, diabetes, indigestion, piles and acts as blood purifier
• Daru – Cedrus deodara – 256 g
• Dashamoola – group of ten herbs –
° Bilva – Aegle marmelos
°Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
°Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
°Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
°Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
°Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
°Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
°Brihati – Solanum indicum
°Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
°Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris (25.6 g each)
• Pippali – Long pepper – 48 g
• Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – 48 g
• Chavya – Piper cubeba – 48 g
• Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica – 48 g
• Shunti – ginger – 48 g
• Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare – barley – 48 g
• Water – 12.288 liters, boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
• Milk – 768 ml
• Ghrita – ghee – 768 g
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
• As medicine – quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
• For Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgement of Ayurvedic doctor.
• It is administered in abdominal cramps and prolonged consumption relieves chronic, recurring abdominal cramps permanently.
• It improves the tastes buds and also stimulates digestion, metabolism and hunger. Hence is applicable as one stop cure for loss of taste and loss of appetite.
• Indhukantha Gritham promotes digestion and also softens the stools. It is very effective in relieving constipation irrespective of the causes. It shall also be administered in piles as a stool softener.
• As an overall immunity booster and nutrients provider, this medicated relieves weaknesses and strengthens the body.
• It can relieve inflammation in the internal organs.
• It is effective in Gastritis and other Vata related disorders in the stomach region.
• It is a super nourisher of the skin and is very effective in restoring your youthful looks.
• It can cure conditions like Dyspepsia, emaciation, Bloating, Colicky pains, etc.
• Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
• People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.
• In very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea
For more informative articles on Herbs and other health related issues, please visit our website www.santripty.com and also YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@santripty and feel free to consult with our experienced team of doctors, get benefits and stay healthy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.